Tejun Heo wrote:
Petr Vandrovec wrote:
For comparsion 1TB Hitachi behind 3726 PMP (again MS4UM) with sata_sil
patch I sent last week (no NCQ, 1.5Gbps link between 3512 and PMP, and
3.0Gbps link between PMP and drive... why is it faster?):

If you turn off NCQ by echoing 1 to /sys/block/sdd/device/queue_depth on
sata_sil24, does the performance change?

I have recompiled kernel with all debugging disabled, and it brought me 1.5MBps, so it is still consistently 1MBps slower than on sil. Disabling NCQ seems to improve concurrent access a bit (for which I have no explanation), while slows down single drive scenario:

With NCQ:

1TB alone: 81.22, 79.86
1TB+1TB:   56.28+56.70, 53.51+56.11

Without NCQ:

1TB alone: 79.78, 80.82
1TB+1TB:   57.99+58.12, 56.50+56.46

3512 sil, no NCQ:

1TB alone: 82.28, 82.18
1TB+1TB: 47.20+47.54 # Here apparently command based switching or 1.5Gbps link between device and PMP becomes bottleneck

And it seems that I observe what other poster pointed out - that apparently all SiI chips are limited somewhere around 120-130MBps, and cannot do more even if you pretty ask...
                                                        Petr