Arnaud Patard wrote:

Wes Newell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Uwe Koziolek wrote:

Hello Wes,

i include for you a hothack for SiS180 into the sata5513, untested and
not pretty.

I tried this one first. It found the controller but errored out. here
the relevant dmesg.

Linux version 2.6.11-12mdkcustom ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 3.4.3
(Mandrakelinux 10.2 3.4.3-7mdk)) #1 Tue Aug 23 23:58:08 CDT 2005

SIS5513: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:0c.0
SIS5513: chipset revision 0
SIS5513: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:0c.0
SIS5513: chipset revision 0
SIS_IDE: probe of 0000:00:0c.0 failed with error -1
strange.. it's like the driver didn't recognize your chipset. According
to Jetway you have a 963L MuTIOL chipset which is afaik supported by the
driver.

Yes, it has the 963, but it ALSO has a real SIS180 on it. That's where the problem lies, not with the 963. The 963 ide ports work fine with the stock 5513 driver.

Could you try the sis5113.c I've attached ? It's the same one as the one
submitted by Uwe. I only added some silly printks.

additional i include the patch submitted by Arnaud Patard.

I'm not sure how or to which sata_sis.c file to apply this. I've got
the one that came with the above kernel, and then I've got the one I

the sata_sis from the 2.6.11-12mdk is the same as the one on kernel.org.

downloaded from SIS that locks up the system when a pata drive is
installed on the sis180. The first was simple enough, just replaced
the original sis5513.c and recompiled the kernel. Don't know what to
do with this one.

If the last one works, it is the better solution, with chances to be
included into the kernel.

the sata_sis patch suppossed to add pata support. Can't tell from
his message and the code is greek to me.

I've configured the registers of the card when in pata mode but it's not
tested (I've only a SiS964L and SiS182 handy). I've only tested SATA
mode for SiS180 and SiS182.
Ok, I've give this a try first.