Hello.

Alan wrote:

Alan/Bart/anybody, could you enlighten me why hwif->rw_disk() method came into being at all?

When you needed to wrap entire disk operations. The ->dma_ methods only
wrap DMA commands.

Yeah, good point. But it's not likely that the HighPoint driver actually needs this wrapper for PIO or even MW DMA commands...

For the current support hardware it can probably go, no idea if anyone
embedded uses it any more and can't be bothered to check 8)

   Nobody does, as far I can see, except this wretched driver... :-)

MBR, Sergei