Hello.

Alan wrote:

Not really, at least not all drivers. Namely, hpt366.c (still) doesn't merge 8-bit timings (maybe this is handled in hardware but the datasheets don't tell about it then) -- I need to look at fixing this... Well, it was

I've never been able to find out - but HPT's own drivers don't seem to do
it under any OS so I assume its ok.

From their drivers/BIOSes/chips I can only assume their engeneers' serious brain damage and incompetence. :-)
   Well, Linux driver was hardly better.

The timing stuff should be pretty
much the same for both ide and libata as libata lifted most of the rather
nice ide-timing stuff directly from the old IDE layer.

Yeah, pata_hpt3*.c still have the same issues as the old hpt366 driver, namely changing PIO timings when setting DMA modes.

Alan

WBR, Sergei