Hello.

Mark Lord wrote:

It's amazing how poorly we have programmed PIIX, for the lifespan of Linux...

Actually, we've only been fiddling timings on PIIX since 1998 or so,
when AH began taking over Linux IDE.  Still, 10 years is an eternity.

The most funny thing is that despite being called piix.c the driver seems to have always been broken for the original PIIX which didn't have separate mastre/slave timings. :-)

Cheers

MBR, Sergei