On 10/10/05, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:37:44AM +0200, Michael Green wrote:

 Hebrew support in MS Office doesn't exist.
> > Not a quality replacement for Windows Office imho.
>
> Not true. I have a friend that is writing a book with Office 2004 on
> his Mac. He mixes Hebrew, Arabic, English and several other languages
> in his text.

I stand correct. There is no Hebrew/Arabic/Cyrillic support whatsoever
on MS Office for Macintosh. The last version that supported Hebrew was
v5.1. All consequent versions lacked support for the above mentioned
languages (versions 98, 2001, X, 2004). Microsoft added support only
for the 6 (or so top tier languages after which Apple puts most of its
weight: Japanese, French, Spanish, German among those (along with a
limited number of others).
I use Macintosh at home (along with PC) and I know that first hand.
If your friend was capable of typing a word or two in Hebrew into
office document on Macintosh doesn't mean there is support for this
language. Ask him to type regular English-Hebrew BiDi text with
numbers, tables and all the bells and whistles and then spellcheck it
and we will see.

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green