Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What is your spam filter if I may be prudent enough to ask?

I don't see how it is prudent, I think it is rather impudent.

FWIW, mine, in addition to what the ISP, the aliasing services, and
the server where my main accounts are hosted provide, is a proprietary
set of rather complicated rules coded in lisp, plus a set of simpler
procmail rules, plus the gnus' extensive scoring facility. Is that of
any help? By the way, apparently they ate your original post quite
successfully.

> Why don't you whitelist mail from mailing list which you know that
> are subscribers-only?

Why should anyone treat every subscriber to a mailing list the same?
Some are irritating flamers, some tend to post off-topic nonsense,
some provide a wealth of interesting information - all on the same
mailing list.

Now, I am reading this on Linux-IL, and this is the only reason I care
to reply to it, since I am not subscribed to the other lists in
Cc. Can anyone enlighten me regarding how exactly this topic is
related to the technical side of Linux?

Whoever cares to continue this thread - please don't cross-post to
Linux-IL - thank you.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.goldshmidt.org