I've gone over his feed and have not found any calls for BDS. Do you have a direct link?

Shachar

On 02/03/2024 21:21, borissh1...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

A bit clueless question , but are there any legal implication of using or supporting Debian now that the Debian Project Leader shared a call for BDS? ?

The Debian Project Leader (highvoltage) had "repeated" (shared?) a call for BDS on the debian social site (https://pleroma.debian.social/notice/AenLD9Ez2JCrSfrCsK)? that can be seen on his admin account at? https://pleroma.debian.social/highvoltage?(one would need to scroll down to see this message).

?

Legally, do we have a problem to train developers on using debian , provide services that install Debian, ti package a proprietary code to run on Debian or even just contribute to Debian after the call by the admin on debian.social ? or because it was not listed? on https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/?we should be safe ?

?

The site where it was shared is debian.social which had been described? as "The Debian social team aims to run a few services under the debian.social domain. Our goal is to create a safe space for Debian contributors (whether they are project members or not) to share what they're doing in the project and to showcase their work, collaborate with others and share knowledge. If you tick any of those boxes, you may create an account. Just like planet Debian, it's completely fine for these platforms to have a personal touch, however, our goal is not to create any kind of social network per s?.

"
The debian.social was announced? a while ago https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2020/03/msg00008.html

It was shared two weeks ago, but I only realized it might be a problem as a user today.