On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Doron Shikmoni wrote:

> 1. To teach cryptology in school or university;
> 2. To click on "secure shopping" in amazon.com;
> 3. To *tell* a potential client that you are making a product that
>    can encrypt (even if last week you sold ten of them, with a license)
> 4. To say ABANIBI. (yes!).

I couldn't agree more. I'm using Biham's example - according to "Tzav
Htsofen", no one can use ERASER, due to the fact that by using it he is
hiding information.

now, let's get serious for a moment, if I'm not wrong, having 3des, enable
usual des if the triple des is - Encrypt-Decrypt-Encrypt sequence with the
the keys the same. So you don't need to install any modules.

moreover, today I think it is allowed to export up to 56-bit encryption
(DES) without problems. Funny though, that mobile phones using GSM method
are not allowed to be taken out of the state ... they have only 64 bit
encryption (though it's quite weak).

Orr Dunkelman,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"In Theory there is no difference between Theory and Practice, but in
Practice there is"