On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Dov Grobgeld wrote:

> Hello linux-il's.
>
> I wrote the following script for non-interactively sending messages
> to Orange mobile phones. Great e.g. for sysops that may be paged by
> the system if something happens. Note that you have to sign up at
> www.orange.co.il to get a user and a password for sending the
> messages.
>
> Question: are there similar scripts for pelephone and cellcom phones?

  No need for a script. Cellcom Text messages can be sent via their SMS
gateway which can be used with qpage (see http://www.qpage.org). Here is
the service and pager entry from /etc/qpage.cf:

service=cellcom
        dialcmd=atdt053446622
        device=/dev/tty00
        baudrate=2400
        parity=none

pager=yaron
        pagerid=2555121
        service=cellcom

 (for phone number 052-555121). The device is a modem. This has the
advantage that you can report a network down event even if the network is
indeed down.

-- Yaron.