On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>       I had to part for some time from my multisync monitor and use an old ADI
> DM 3114 which is capable of 640x480 resolution only.
>       My problem is with PGPLOT, which throws the image window beyond the left
> upper boundary of the display. I see most of the image but have no access to
> its title bar for easy repositioning. I managed to move it using the windows
> functions of the window manager, but the right ways to do it would be
> either to
> modify the relevant line(s) in PGPLOT and recompile it or to learn how to
> move the windows using the keyboard. Problems are that I don't know where
> to look
> for the code to modify in the PGPLOT source files or how to install the key
> bindings in Xwindows.
> Any pointers ?
>       The computer is a 486 running RH 5.0 with the default window manager
> (fvw2...sometyhing)
>       Thanks, Avraham Rosenberg

If you are really using fvwm2 then there's a good chance that
Ctrl-Shift-F7 will do just what you want (as I remember, this was a
standard in RH).  In general, it heavily depends on the windows manager
which actions you can bind to keys.  Windows placement is also mostly wm
dependent.  For a wm which allows you to customize almost everything, have
a look at Scwm:
http://scwm.mit.edu/scwm

Andre.

#                       Andre E. Bar'yudin                     #
#           Home page: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~baryudin      #
#                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             #
#                      Phone: (972)-53-812-026                 #