At 22:09 +0200 on 26/12/1999, Shaul Karl wrote:

>I forward it to the RAKAZ of the openu OS course.
>I believe there are other openu courses who might be interested, some of which
>suggests their students to use Linux.
>
>What Heruth Maoz think?

Er.. Who... me? (Wearing my official hat). Ahem. Well. The best thing
to do is probably to suggest this to the head of the CS department in
the Openu. There is no limits to what can be done about this, up to
and including putting the meetings on the Openu satellite network, so
that those who can't attend can watch it from the nearest Openu
center. That will require having them in the Openu campus, of course.
The technical possibility exists, but it takes a lot of convincing.

In any case, nag about it a bit to the Merakez, so that he'll put a
notice about the meeting in the OS course's Telem site. That will
reach a lot of students.

Unfortunately I can't talk to anybody in my own section of the Openu,
because everybody is frantic about the y2k bug. Don't ask. When
things are less hectic I may try to arouse a bit of an interest in
things linux, but don't count on me to move things around - I just
don't have the charisma, and I may not even work in the Openu much
longer.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, B.Sc.                Work:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                    Home:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]