Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> Well, since you ask - here is a snippet from the headers of an email:

>    Date: Sat, 1 Jan 100 18:22:07 +0200 (IST)
>
> And in the good old community tradition of snitching on friends, let
> me mention that Geoff Mendelson found a similar problem in slrn - ask
> him for details.

Mea culpa, the subject of that email was "... seems to have survived the y2k".
:-)

The elm fix was simple:

        After the line in lib/getarpdate.c:

                if ((year = curr_tm.tm_year) < 100)
                        year += 1900;
        I added:

                if ((year > 99) && ( year < 1999))  year +=1900;

Note that getarpdate included the function get_arapa_date. Arpa
may be dead a long time, but it lives on in source code.

Slrn was fixed by going to slrn-0.9.6.0-1 which required going adding
the latest slang rpm and caused another problem. Slrn added a "score"
file to automate killing articles, and would not start until you
created one. :-(

Starting it with the ignore score file option worked. To fix that
"feature" I had to create a score file from the example in the man page.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Tel:  (03) 6944-211  Fax: (03) 6944-225 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]