Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi
>
> I do not know who to send suggestions about kde2 but:
>
> kde2 seems to have learn too much from microsoft.
> when I start it, it gives me a picture of the dragon
> and a status bar. it can noy be lowered and takes about 10 minuts to
> disapear ( if i do not kill it before ). that's anoyoing .

10 Minutes??? At home on a Pentium II 350 with 128MB RAM it takes 36
seconds while it loading all its daemon/services and plugins. Remember -
KDE-2 is TOTALLY different then KDE 1 in architecture (thats why its
totaly incompatible with KDE 1.1). Something is wrong with your setting
there..

> other thing is that before, i used to use alt-f2 to exec command
> and could type an alias ( i.e. i type 'xt' which is short for
> /usr/.../xterm -fn ... )
> but now if i type just 'xt' it searches the internet for me. who wanted
> that ?

Disable the "search Internet Keywords" on the KDE Control Center (I'm
away from my Linux machines right now so I cannot tell you exactly where
is it)

> i ran away from microsoft because of it.

Nice. I'm also running - wait for me :))

> and a sujjestion i have : it would be nice if they would have let me
> use shift-left-click to iconify/deiconify ( that option does not exist
> now )

Donno about this. Its feature freeze now - so wait until KDE 2.0 gold
will be out - then suggest it (or write a patch and I'll try to put it
in).

Hetz

> regards
> erez.