Heym,

It's a linux mailing list, and the question was referred to linux,
The guy is obviously new to linux and is still used to calling
a shell script "Batch file".

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000, Daniel Feiglin wrote about "Re: how long since you've heard
>one like this.......?":
> > sleep is fine, pause waits on a signal. See man sleep & man pause
> > respectively.
>
> If you're joking, you should have added a ":)" or something. Otherwise I'll
> assume you're speaking seriously. In this case, what are you talking about??
>
> I understood that question was about DOS ("batch file") commands, not for Unix
> system calls!! 'man' would be completely irellevant to answer a DOS question,
> and the fact there's a "pause" system call in Unix (which I'm very well aware
> of, thank you very much) is completely irrelevant.
>
> A great quote from /usr/share/games/fortunes/people (on Redhat, at least):
>   "If you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody will."
>

> --
> Nadav Har'El                        |        Monday, Sep 18 2000, 18 Elul 5760
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |-----------------------------------------
> Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I started out with nothing... I still
> http://nadav.harel.org.il           |have most of it.

=---=
Nimrod Simba Carmi,
School Sucks
http://www.schoolsucks.com
http://www.schoolsucks.co.il
Phone: +972-5423-9910
Fax: +972-6651-5473

"... So let me in, from the cold
Turn my land into gold
Coz there's a chill wind blowing in my soul
And I think I'm growing old ..."