On Wed, Dec 06, 2000, Alexander Indenbaum wrote about "Re: [OFF TOPIC] Re: Request for
NT NFS server recommendation.":
> Guys and Girls!
>
> What I need is NFS server for NT since I want NT machine as fileserver for
> Unix ( Solaris and Linux ).
>
> I apologize if religious feeling of members of this list were hurt,
> yet I'd like to get an answer for my question.

Since I don't have any religious feelings, you couldn't hurt any of them :)

Anyway, as I said I don't know about NFS servers for NT - someone else will
need to answer this if you insist on this course - but what I said is that I
have experience with having the NT serve files in the usual way (SMB),
and then Linux can mount such "shares" (or whatever the NT people call it) -
it's actually easier than installing NFS on NT.

I don't know if such an SMB solution exists on Solaris, though I'll be very
surprised if it doesn't, because Sun also lives in the Real World, and knows
that people may want to use windows "shares" advertised by their Windog-using
friends. And convincing all of them to install NFS is like, well, convincing
your religious friends to serve you shrimp.

But again, if someone knows the answer to his *original* question, where to
get an NFS server for NT, please step forward now, or forever hold your peace!

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Wednesday, Dec 6 2000, 9 Kislev 5761
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Cat rule #2: Bite the hand that won't