> Hi,
>
> I've registered the domain debian.org.il, and I'd like to gauge the
> interest for creating a local Debian community. The goal would be
> Debian support in Israel, advocacy, experience sharing and the like.
> If you're interested in anything like that, please send me e-mail. If
> there is enough interest we'll open a mailing list.

As the official Debian maintainer of the TkMan package and one that tries to
be more involved in the Debian project (but currently have no time for that) I
surely want to be counted in.

However I believe there is currently no place for a new mailing list. Can we
try to have all the local Debian discussions on linux-il? I would consider a
new mailing list only if this will create too much traffic or too much
objection from the other linux-il members.
Another reason for a new mailing list might be to promote the commercial
interests of Debian here but I am not sure this is the right time.

As a side note I want to add that although
        "the official Debian maintainer of the TkMan package"
seems quite impressive to me, I believe most of the other Debian users on this
list have more Debian and Unix knowledge then I do.

> --
> Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]   +-----------------------
> http://alexsh.hectic.net    UIN 188956    PGP key on web page
>        E1 F2 7B 6C A0 31 80 28  63 B8 02 BA 65 C7 8B BA
>
> NTL have a new network routing protocol as invented for amusing
> small children. Its called 'now you see it now you dont' with much
> of the US vanishing at cardiff for 10 seconds every minute or so.
>       -- Alan Cox on a diary update

        Shaul Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>