hello
i have slack 8 with kernel 2.4.5
in the last week i got my modem working with linux and now is the time to set
up a firewall ruleset
i have both ipchains and iptables installed, but unfurtunally, my kernel is
compiled with no support to both
is it possible to enable support without recompiling the kernel?
if not, how can i make sure all the current options compiled in the kernel
will stay the same except for the firewall ones? i remember there was a way
to make a config file of the current configuration, but i forgot it
and, if i use that method, what line do i need to change?

thx ahead