On Saturday 01 June 2002 02:41, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2002, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > job job, someone has to speak for those who cannt ('cause they are coding
> > too much) He _is_ right. The day this will happen a big part of freedom
> > will be ported to win32 platform.

> It is legally possible to port GPLed software to Win32. In fact, this has
> happened with Cygnus and Friends. This is in a similar spirit to the fact
> that GPLed software can be run on proprietary UNIXes.
i was joking. what i meant was that gpl software can be reproduced freely,
while those packages (build open free sources) are not freely available. If
indeed i missread th gpl, kde/gnome duds can not give authorization to that
distros to distribute their packages (something like Linus does not bother
about binary-only kernel modules, even that it violates gpl). what will be
next: per seat or per server licenses in kcontrol?

talking about free win32 software: here is the url for kde 2.2 for windows
(beta 1):
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net

 - diego

--
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be
yours too."