I would like to automate the process of having a user visit a web
site, fill in a form, submit the form and receive results.

What would be the best technology to choose to implement this?  I
have thought of using either Java or Python to create a client
application that will open a web site, receive the HTTP code,
respond with the appropriate response and receive the results as
HTTP code.  As I have no experience with either language which
would be the easier to use to implement this in a short time frame?

Ideally I would like the program to look something like the pseudo
code below:
Document = open("http://some.url.here";);
Form = Document.GetForm("form name");
Field = Form.GetField("field name");
Field.setValue("new value");
Form.submit();
Results = ReceiveResults();

Any information or pointers to documentation would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
David Suna
[EMAIL PROTECTED]