On Tue, Jul 30, 2002, Arie Folger wrote about "Re: KDE 3.0.2 RPM packages":
> On Tuesday 30 July 2002 20:06, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > Mandrake has KDE 3.02 packages in cooker for some time now, and having a
> > bleeding edge cooker installation at home (updated daily), i can attest to
> > the stability of this version and the MDK packages. Valgrind probably had
> > so,mething to do with it...
>
> Who or what is Valgrind?

Valgrind is a GPL memory overflow/leak/etc checker for i386 Linux.
Version 1.0.0 was released a few days ago: see
        http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

Looks very promising, but I haven't tried it yet in a real project.

It's distributed by the KDE project, but has nothing to do KDE, or any kind
of UI (it's a command-line utility).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Wednesday, Jul 31 2002, 22 Av 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Give Yogi a rifle. Support your right to