On Mon, Sep 23, 2002, Michael Sternberg wrote about "Timezone setup":
> How can I update time with ntpdate utility (I can not afford ntpd)  - so the
> computer time (saved in UTC) will be updated ?

In what sense can you not "afford" ntpd? It doesn't cost any money, you
know.

Anyway, on PCs you should probably run "setclock" after "ntpdate". This
makes sure that your computer's hardware clock is updated, not just the
kernel's notion of the current time. On Redhat (at lease), the file
/etc/sysconfig/clock determines whether the hardware clock should hold
time in GMT or in the local timezone (see setclock(8)).

On Redhat, you might also want to check out timeconfig(8).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Monday, Sep 23 2002, 17 Tishri 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |For people who like peace and quiet - a