On Wed, Oct 09, 2002, Michael Sternberg wrote about "OpenSSH pty's problem":
> I compiled kernel with Unix98 PTY support, number of pty's 256 and Virtual
> Terminal options on. I have files /dev/ptyp[0-5] made as char devices,
> major 2, minor [0-5], appropriate permissions. I have /dev/pts/ directory
> with appropriate permissions. All shared libraries and config files that
> Apparently it tries and can not create file in /dev/pts directory with
> some ioctl...

Did you mount the /dev/pts filesystem on /dev/pts? I think it shouldn't
be a simple empty directory...

Try mounting /dev/pts with something like

        mount -t devpts devpts none /dev/pts

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, Oct 9 2002, 3 Heshvan 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |My greatest fear is that no-one will