Quoting Guy Baruch, from the post of Thu, 17 Oct:
> man mkreiserfs  gives:
> > BUGS
> >      No other blocksizes but 4k are  available.
>
> so using reiserfs will not save space. ext2/3 do have 1K block-size.

Reiser will fold the tails of several files into a single block, and
small files may be entirely stored on their inode as-is. the concept of
inodes is quite different in reiser (hence you will not see anything
useful when you use df -i on reiser) since Hans decided to store
everything in trees, including the files themselves (don't ask me how
the f*&k it works. it's magic)

in any case, try it before giving up. yuou seem to have a partition you
don't mind reformatting, so go ahead. you're not going to run out of
inodes (because the way I understand it, every block can be one) and
MAYBE it will be able to stick several files per block after all (count
them as "tail-only").

do tell us whet you find, I'm anxious to know.

another way to go about it, is not to use a disk partition as your
hyrarchial DB, but use a relational DB instead and suck all those pesky
tiny files into mySQL.

--
I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 100
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.