From: Amir Tal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Daniel Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: XF86Config problem
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:34:29 +0200

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 06:25 pm, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002, Amir Tal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the following:
> > this is mandrake 9, fresh install .
> > my card is NVidia GEforce MX. everything worked very nicly after
> > installation. i rebooted the machine today, and X will not load. it
> > complains that "no screens found", which is kinda redicules since i didnt
> > change anything in the config file, and didnt change anything in my
> > hardware since the last time it worked.
>
> Look for clues in /var/log/XFree86.0.log. If it doesn't make any sense
> to you, try posting it to the list and let others take a look at it.

log attached.
anyone ?
tal.
<< XFree86.0.log >>
May be it will not help but. I had the same problem with my Radeon VE card. It worked fine and then just stoped working with the same message. The problem was in the TV out. If your card has a TV out and you have connected something to it, just unplug the cable and then reboot your machine twice and try to start the X server.

Regards.
S.A.