Hello Mr. Stallman, IGLU people,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:48:54PM +0200, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> Well, thanks to everybody who came. I did not count, but someone did,
> and there were more than 30 people (34?). It was a little bit too many
> for an orderly discussion, but I think some self-organization took
> place somewhere in the middle of the evening, and I hope no one is too
> angry. Anyone who cares to summarize is welcome to do so.
>
> Special thanks to Muli for sharing the organizational effort, and to
> Shachar who agreed to take RMS to Haifa tomorrow.
>
> Once again, apologies for starting a bit late. RMS has had way too
> many adventures and misfortunes on his way here to list, and some
> mundane logistics had to be taken care of between his checking into
> the hotel and our arrival at the restaurant.
>
> He told me that he always plans his trips to have 24 hours spare
> before his scheduled appearance. This was the first time he had about
> 20 hours or so, and just about everything that could go wrong did.  He
> came to the dinner practically straight from the airport.
>
> I would like to personally apologize to everybody for keeping the
> suspense up (whether or not RMS will come, whether he is at the hotel
> already, etc) till the very last moment. I hope I took enough care to
> qualify my statements throughout - I was suspecting I was being fed
> incomplete and unreliable information by the person who had told the
> world RMS would be in his care (for those who wonder, IBM - my
> employer - was not responsible). As it turned out, my suspicions were
> fully justified. All is well that ends.
>
> One amusing question RMS asked me - and asked me to ask the gang - is
> as follows. Before the trip he was contacted by two women who asked
> him out, and he is going to go out with both (separately) during his
> stay here. At least one of the ladies, possibly both, learned of his
> existence from a recent article in Ha'aretz. RMS says it is the first
> time this happens to him, and he is very curious *what* was written in
> that article. If anyone has read the article, do share it with him.

I read it through their web site. The paragraph third from the bottom,
says (free translation from Hebrew):

"In his personal website (www.stallman.org), Stallman represents
himself as someone who seeks love:"
(here comes a quite good translation of the first two paragraphs
from "My Personal Ad" in your site.)
"However, even in his acquaintance ad" (probably not the exact
word in English) "Stallman clarifies what are his priorities in
life:" (here comes the third paragraph from "My Personal Ad")
"Even if there is room in his heart, it's not clear where he
will accommodate his love, considering he lives in the movements'
offices".

Sorry for the bad English, I hope this helps.

        Didi