On Tue, Feb 18, 2003, Reuven M. Lerner wrote about "ISOC day at Kfar HaMakabiya":
>     Ira> anyone been there and cares to share any news and views they
>     Ira> collected? how was GBY's talk about Hamakor?
> (c) he was too Stallman-like for my taste,

Too Stallman-like? Gilad, you can take that as a compliment :)

> and (d) he didn't talk very
> much (if at all) about Hamakor -- but that might have been because of
> time constraints.

Those of you who attended the Linux day at IBM probably remember someone
who was invited to talk about some subject, and could not shut up about
his own company, attributing half of the development of computers in the
last two decades to his (very young) company.

So it's probably for the best that Gilad can talk about the goals and motives
of his organization, not only the organization itself, which with all due
respect, hasn't really done anything yet. (but note that I did not attend this
conference, so I didn't actually hear him).

> conference, it sounds like things are moving ahead steadily on
> OpenOffice.org, but that there's still a wide gap between what the
> average user needs and what will be available shortly.  Nevertheless,

Can you give a few more details? What generally-useful features of OpenOffice
won't be available in Hebrew initially?
(shameless plug) at least somebody is working on a spellchecker :)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Tuesday, Feb 18 2003, 16 Adar I 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I used to be a lumberjack, but I just