On Sun, Feb 23, 2003, Alon Weinstein wrote about "RE: 2nd_MORE [was: Equipment -
anyone?]":
> Since this is becoming a main-stream thing to post the list of junk, here's
> what I have:

Yes, this list is turning into a regular alte-zachen :)

Your junk seems quite useful, actually:

> 16 port 10Mbit Hub
> 8 port 10Mbit Hub (w/ one additional BNC port)

These, assuming they have modern UTP ports, are probably quite useful
for home network. Unless you're playing movies over this network, 10Mbps
is more than enough.

> 4 IDE CD-ROM drives

These are useful for the mp3-playing machine I suggested last time :) You
could make yourself a jukebox!

> I'm looking for an old 486 -- case, motherboard, processor & 16-32mb ram. no
> hard-drive/nic/display adapter needed.

I might have something like that (a Pentium 100, actually), but if I give
it to you, what will I do with all the CD-ROM drives and cards you'll give
me? :)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Sunday, Feb 23 2003, 22 Adar I 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is