On Sun, Mar 16, 2003, Ariel Biener wrote about "Re: Soon Announcements":
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 12:44, you wrote:
> > Say, does registration on that site actually *work* for anybody? I've been
> > trying to register to that thing for almost two months - at first there was
> > no "register" link, and recently there's a big registration form (forcing
> > you to give them all sorts of possibly-irrelevant private details) but no
> > "register" button at the end!
>
> There is a register button at the end, but you can only "press" it using MSIE.

Yeah, now that *REALLY* makes a lot of sense for a Linux conference :(
I urge whoever in charge of this site to fix this problem quickly. I'm
also starting to wonder what the fact that I'm the only person complaining
about this issue in two months might mean about the number of Linux-savvy
attendants to that conference :(

> All the irrelevant details on the registration page are non compulsory, that
> means you don't have to fill those out.

That's not what I see there... I consider my ID totally irrelevant (yes, I
understand why it's convenient for them, but it doesn't mean I agree to give
it to them) and the address of my company, its fax number, and so on, are
also something that should have been optional (some of us are unemployed,
working for a company having nothing to do with our Linux hobby, or other
bizarre but common situations).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Mar 16 2003, 12 Adar II 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |We are Microsoft. You will be

  • Soo... Eli Marmor
    • ... Ira Abramov
      • ... Shachar Shemesh
        • ... Nadav Har'El
          • ... Shachar Shemesh
            • ... Nadav Har'El
              • ... Shachar Shemesh
                • ... Shachar Shemesh
          • ... Nadav Har'El
            • ... Oleg Goldshmidt
              • ... Nadav Har'El
              • ... Ira Abramov
          • ... Oleg Goldshmidt
          • ... Yaacov Fenster - System Engineering Troubleshooting and other miracles
          • ... Eli Marmor
            • ... Gilad Ben-Yossef
              • ... Nadav Har'El
              • ... Eli Marmor