On Sun, Mar 23, 2003, Orna Agmon wrote about "output from a remote host":
> My problem is that rsh does not work well in the background (in other
> words, ^z bg brings it to a state of "suspended (tty output)"), since both
> rsh and rexec need the terminal's standard output as thier own.

I believe your problem is not with the standard output, but rather with
the standard input - rsh tries to pass the standard input to the remote
shell, and you cannot do that for a background process.

Try the "-n" option of rsh to solve this.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Mar 23 2003, 19 Adar II 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |AAAAA: the American Association for the