On Tue, Mar 25, 2003, Vadim Vygonets wrote about "Re: ANSI C":
> > Actually, Kernighan & Ritchie have a second edition of their book, published
> > in 1988, which corresponds to ANSI C.
>
> It's quite hard to get the first edition these days, don't you
> agree?

Not for me :)

Anyway, I didn't understand the comment about their Second Edition being not
relevant or not useful. It is useful, but not a very good reference when it
comes to standard-conformance issues.

> > but if you're into illegal
> > copying probably can be found and copied in electronic format.
>
> A publically available draft from August 3, 1998:

Well, I suppose this cannot be a draft of a standard that was defined over
8 years earlier... :) I suppose it is a draft of a newer standard (?) called
C9X. When people speak of ANSI C, they don't normally refer to C9X. If you
want your programs to be very portable, you better not rely on C9X extensions.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Tuesday, Mar 25 2003, 21 Adar II 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If you tell the truth, you don't have to