On Sun, Mar 30, 2003, shlomo solomon wrote about "permanent IP address":
> Here are the symptoms I had:
> 1 - I connected and could ping, but packet loss was about 70%

When ping'ing, did you use the -n option?
Otherwise DNS problems might still be causing your problems.

> 2 - When pinging a URL like www.iglu.org.il (and not a numerical IP address) I
> got no reaction at all (possible DNS problem, but I had no DNS problems with
> the dynamic address)

Did you set up /etc/resolv.conf yourself, or were you hoping that the
dialin process would do that for you (maybe it doesn't)? Could it be that
you are using a name server but it refuses to serve your new IP address,
for some reason? Try "nslookup" manually to see what happens when you do
DNS searches.

Sorry, I don't have a better guess on what is happening on your system.
Good luck.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Mar 30 2003, 27 Adar II 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The person who knows how to laugh at