I've seen this problem mounting an ordinary data DVD, so same question! I use a permanent fstab entry which looks like this:

/dev/hdc /media/dvd auto ro,noauto,user,exec,unhide 0 0

The problem is intermittent; it seems mainly to occur after leaving the dvd mounted for an extended period and using it a lot. A "short" session followed by an umount usually works OK. I always check to see that it is not being used in more than one session before umount. Despite that, when things go wrong, umount gives an "in use by another process" message.

Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
Hi All

I tried to mount an hfs volume and the CD stuck

mount -t hfs /dev/scd0 /mnt/floppy/

what ever i do i cant release it.

kill -9 ...
eject ...