Quoth Ira Abramov on Tue, Apr 01, 2003:
> The Linus I know barely has the time for lkml, much less his local LUG,
> and I find it kind of odd he would use a webmail address rather than a
> more conveniant one.

Come on, the spoof wasn't so bad.  The timezone was correct, for
starters.  Not being a spammer, the spoofer didn't disguise his
identity too much (he didn't add spoofed Received: headers, nor
even did he spoof the sender address), and made it quite obvious
that it was an April 1st joke.

The text *could* have been better, though.

> I am only left with a big question mark here, who IS this poster and
> what does he really want? to troll the list, pull an April 1st, or (my
> paranoid hat) harvest our Email addresses for spam?

Those who harvest e-mail addresses for spam don't tend to post.

> Dear prankster,
> Have a happy fool's day,

Seconded!

> enjoy your GNU/linux and think up a better diguise :)

Where are the RFCs?

Vadik.

--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending
their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to