Ummm... I'm using RedHat with pptp.
Maybe I didn't understand the question... my firewalls use pptp-1.1 to
connect to ADSL (Alcatel @work, RH7.3) or cable (Motorola @home RH9).

Just download the source and compile it.
You add the passwords to the chap/pap-secrets, and use the pptp binary
to establish the connection. (on cable you need to rewrite the routing
tables.. but that's another problem.)
If you need the command line parameters, I can yank'em out.

If memory serves me right, pptp doesn't even require a full kernel
source to build. (Though I build the kernel just the for the heck of it.
:-))

Did I get the question right?
Gilboa