On Wed, Jun 25, 2003, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: kde":
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003, Diego Iastrubni wrote about "Re: kde":
>>[question about hspell snipped]
> By the way, further into the forseeable future, Hspell will be smarter
> about recognizing valid uses of prefixes, and you'll no longer see some of
> the silly suggestions you saw like בסידר (ב+סידר, a non-sensical prefix for
> this verb).

The future is almost here :)

The next release of Hspell (0.6) will already include smart recognition
of prefixes, so that things like ב+סידר will no longer be recognized as
valid words or given as suggestions. We believe that this will improve
Hspell's chances of catching spelling errors, and greatly improve the
quality of Hspell's suggested corrections.

If anyone is interested in a preview alpha version of Hspell 0.6, please
email me privately. This offer is especially aimed at people who will want
to integrate Hspell with other applications and may want to influence our
development directions *before* the release is closed.

The official release is likely to be towards the end of this month, but
no firm release date has been set yet.

> > I must admit that it is kinda slow, but it does work, even here in kmail
> make it anyway: the next version of Hspell (0.6) will include a new
> "hspell -a" front-end written in C. This new front-end is already working
> quite well and I now started testing it and completing the last missing
> features before we can send it to some of you people for alpha-testing.

As I said, the code is now ready for alpha release. An alpha release means
that the code and the interfaces are still changing rapidly so people cannot
rely on them yet, but the code is already functional and working correctly.
And amazingly fast :)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Saturday, Jul 12 2003, 13 Tammuz 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If you choke a Smurf, what color does it