On Sun, Aug 24, 2003, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote about "Re: Forthcoming "Blitz" of
Announcements":
> On Sunday 24 August 2003 23:07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > As far as GUI's are concerned, I'm still trying to recover
> > from seeing the Mac OS-X on a 17" Powerbook :-).
> >
> > When will KDE/Gnome/Anything-opensource-on-linux will
> > match that interface?
>
> Simple - the moment you'll be able to render postscript (PDF) with hardware
> the way the Mac does. Doing it in software is a DOG slow (I know, I tried).

What does having a good interface have to do with rendering Postscript?
And what does Postscript have to do with PDF? And why are you saying that
Macs have special hardware to render Postscript?!

Anyway, maybe when the Linux GUI people stop chasing Microsoft's tail
(because of the WRONG impression they get is that Microsoft means easy
to use, and everybody is born knowning how to use Microsoft's interface)
they can start being more imaginative, copy ideas from other OSs or
even coming up with new ideas...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |          Monday, Aug 25 2003, 27 Av 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I planted some bird seed. A bird came up.