On Sun, Nov 02, 2003, Arik Baratz wrote about "RE: he-en dictionaries...":
> If you create a nice web interface for the entry of translations, and open it up on
> the web, and let people subscribe to a 'daily translation' mailing list and
> translate a word a day, and announce it in linux-il, I bet you can have a working
> dictionary file in notime, created by and for the community.
>
> You'd have to accept multiple submissions for each word and choose the ones that
> were received the most times, to prevent wiseguys translating to obscene words...

See also http://wiktionary.org/ for another approach.

I suggest you replace the "you" in your suggestion with "someone".
I am (and probably Dan as well) already swamped with work and other things
and do not have time to start such a CGI programming project.

I can provide, however, free hosting for such a project, so if anyone is
seriously interested (and willing to invest work and time), drop me a line
(or better yet, move this discussion to the ivrix-discuss mailing list;
it really has nothing to do with Linux).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Monday, Nov 3 2003, 8 Heshvan 5764
Phone: +972-53-790466, ICQ 13349191 |A cat has claws ending its paws. A