Strange. I'm connected to 012 via MATAV cables and happily use Linux with
IP received via DHCP. Maybe it depends on the geographic area (Haifa) ?
More than that - MATAV supplied modem that capable of providing network
via NIC and via USB. And if I connect both - I receive two valid IPs via
DHCP..

--
                Michael