On Tue, Dec 16, 2003, Shaul Karl wrote about "Re: Various performance problems":
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:42:49AM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> >
> >       I'm guessing that TLS (thread local storage, NOT transport layer
> > security)
>

>   Is there any work to remove this name clash?

Yes, the Thread-Local-Storage people were annoyed by this clash, and
decided to change their name. The new name they came up was "Storing
Stuff Locally", or SSL for short.

An no, if any one was wondering, the previous paragraph was NOT serious.
But the question didn't sound very serious either :)

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Tuesday, Dec 16 2003, 22 Kislev 5764
Phone: +972-53-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Strike not only while the iron is hot,