On Mon, Dec 29, 2003, Yedidyah Bar-David wrote about "Re: Frighting possibilities
(gnome-2.4 + fedora oddity)":
> >    It all started because of Ilya.
> >    I  tried  to get the notification thingy running and could not see the
> >    mail notification icon -
> >    Naturally  I  CTRL-ALT-F1'nd  to see what X warning if any exist and a
> >    slight  sense  of panic rose in me as I started keying in hysterically
> >    CTRL-ALT-F1 to F12.
>..
>
> Can you try 'chvt 1'?

I have the same problem on my Redhat 9 - CTRL-ALT-F1 et al. stopped working,
and I have no idea why. "switchto 1" does work (I didn't check "chvt", I
assume it does the same thing).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |        Monday, Dec 29 2003, 4 Tevet 5764
Phone: +972-53-790466, ICQ 13349191 |The trouble with being punctual is that