On Wednesday 23 June 2004 16:17, Micha Feigin wrote:
[skipped]
MF> It would probably be as safe as the windows versions. There is
MF> supposedly no spyware in there but there is no way tell (actually you
MF> could try listening in but I doubt you would recognize bad traffic from
MF> good one).

One thing for sure, it reads your Mozilla/Netscape/Opera settings to try and
determine the proxy server address (this is being presented as a "silent"
service to the user). Who knows what else do they read ans analyze? If it
would be up to me to write a cheeky piece of code lurking in the shadows, I
would definitely use something like this as a host. Something that runs
constantly in the background, knows everything it wants about user activity,
plus the "legal" ability to generate a humongous amount of traffic using a
proprietary protocol? Yum-mm...

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vasiliev Michael