Quoting Amir Hardon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Just for testing the encoding I listed the file names into a text file
> ('unzip
> -l > file.txt'), and tried it to convert to different encodings using iconv.
> But iconv always failed(No matter which encoding I'm trying to use),
> with the following message:
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 112
> The first byte that supposed to be Hebrew is at position 112,
> it's value is 0xEA which is "Kaf sofit" in iso-8859-8.

Doing an appropriate od on the resulting file may shade more light on the
problem (e.g. od -t x1).

My first guess would be that the names themselves are in ucs-2, but since the
output from zip mixes them with ascii, you get an encoding error, because
ucs-2, unlike utf-8, cannot mix with 1-byte characters.

Herouth