On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 09:14:47AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >>Hi, Amos,
> >>    I was very pleased with the hardware recognition of Knoppix (I
> >>think it was version 3.2). Out of curiosity I checked it on several
> >>computers. Lately I tried PClinuxOS-NV (Mandrake), which was also good.
> >>But neither was 100% perfect.
> >>You may wish to try a couple of such CD's to make sure (hopefully) that
> >>everything is recognized.
> >>

> >JFYI, they have differnet HW detection code, so it's a good idea to test
> >them both.
> >

> Yes, that's more or less what I had in mind.
>
> But apart from the HW detection - once the system is up and running
> from a live CD - is there a particular recommanded procedure I should
> run in order to check the hardware? Anything beyond "dmesg"? Any tool
> particularly made for these distros?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos

Hi Amos,
Sorry that I cannot answer your last question. But I recall a detail
about PClinux, which may be worth sharing:
On boot, you are given the option to login as guiest or as root, AND ARE
ASKED FOR A PASSWORD. This is the same as the login name, ie gust for
guest/ root for root.
Good luck again, Avraham