On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:33:33 +0200, Ira Abramov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> anyone?
>

> Quoting Ira Abramov, from the post of Sun, 21 Nov:
> > Hey there people!
> >
> > I just moved a client to a new mail server and it looks like the clients
> > (outlook and outlook express) see and treat the LDAP differently (e.g.
> > search is now only by UID and not by name and surname, so is the
> > listing, etc). both machines are running openldap but different
> > distributions. the only difference I could find was the structure of the
> > record once dumped into LDIF, specificly the ObjectClass.

Did you check the query string? If you can't get to them from the
client, up your logging level in slapd.conf (32 should do it), and
look at the logs for queries.

> > while the old server lists all the people in the organization with these
> > attributes:
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: person
> > objectClass: organizationalPerson
> > objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> >
> > the new one only lists:
> >
> > objectClass: abookPerson

1. Was the data migrated from the old server? If so, how.
2. Did you compare the slapd.conf files? Do both file include the same schemes?
3. Are the schema files the same?