Hi,

As Yedidyah suggested i'm currently testing "convmv". I think i'm in big trouble:
SMB.CONF from OLD samba shows:
"character set = ISO8859-5"
Which is RUSSIAN - how it happened i've got no clue.

When running convmv it works perfectly converting names to UTF, but the
filenames are shown in RUSSIAN.

Again in OLD samba all filenames were in hebrew.

Is there any way to fix that (i'm talking about several hundreds users:), although majority of them doesn't use Hebrew filenames).

In addition Solaris doesn't understand 'ls -l --show-control-chars'
and all my tests with "od" didn't improve my understanding, actually now i do understand the problem but i don't understand how it worked earlier.

Kind Regards,
Greg