On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 04:58:30PM +0300, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
>> ביום שלישי, 12 באפריל 2005, 16:39, נכתב על ידי Tzafrir Cohen:
>>>
>>> What about the free ATI drivers?
>>>
>>> (Speaking as someone who values stability over performance)
>> they stink.
>
> So which adapter to date has the best performance with free drivers?

ATI. nVidia has no free 3D acceleration at all, and the rest of the
hardware (mainly Intel and Matrox) is simply not as good regardless of
driver.
The best performing ATI card with free 3D support is still the Radeon
8500, though.

I use a Radeon 9200SE with the free drivers. I have no stability
problems, and performance is enough for the occasional TORCS game.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]