On Wednesday 11 May 2005 16:36, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> >Hi Shachar!
> >
> >Would you mind if I put this message of yours (or at your option, an HTML
> > page that explains it all, which you or I will write.) on the Freecell
> > Solver site and its mirror, as well as forward this message to the
> > fc-solve-discuss mailing list. Another good thing would be to try to
> > convince Mike Keller to include the text in the Freecell FAQ (which is
> > available online under a non-specified license.) Your name could be added
> > to the FAQ's contributors for prosperity... ;-)
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >     Shlomi Fish
>
> Damn if I understand why, but feel free.

We Freecell Enthusiasts cannot see a fellow Freeceller suffering...

I should note that there's Freecell Pro - a Freecell implementation for
Windows, that was once freeware and now is entirely GPLed. It's an MS
Freecell compatible Freecell program that is superior to MS Freecell in any
way. (which runs perfectly on Wine from what I tried) Nevertheless people are
still used to using MS Freecell, which is hardly maintained anymore. (If
Microsoft releases something called MS Freecell.NET it might actually be
quite interesting. I sure look forward to the day people deprecate MS
Freecell and move to something saner.

> Don't forget that this is just guesswork. I know for a fact that
> cards.dll is 16 bit on Win9x and 32 on NT+, but whether that really
> caused the problem you described is just speculations.

Thanks. And can I assume what you said in the original E-mail describing the
Freecell DLL problem is Public Domain? Sorry, but any other license would be
rejected by Mike Keller.

Thanks again. <hug />

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
paragraphs.