On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:20:26PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Friday 13 May 2005 12:05, Didi wrote:

>The reasons I don't prefer LISP are:

[snip]

We're here for windows vs. linux religous wars. Hackers-il is for
languages religious wars. This thread is long enough as it is.

> > Just to prove my point - everyone here will agree that putting a default
> > install of most major distros open in the net without some kind of
> > firewall or hardening will very quickly make it broken into (I know
> > about exceptions, no need to remind me). Why?  Because linux is very
> > common as a server. So the crackers develop means to break linux
> > servers. If/When linux is very common on the desktop, you'll start
> > seeing the same there.
>
> Actually, a default install of Fedora took several months to break into. As
> opposed to less than 20 minutes for Windows.

Could you please provide the source for that claim?  I remember an
anecdotial honeypots research in recent years done to test that. But
there they actually have made the installation less secure than the
default (bad passowrds, extra services available).

Too lazy to dig out a link, though.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best