Eran Tromer wrote:

>On 08/23/2005 10:22 AM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>1. Encrypting entire filesystems:
>>

>In case it's relevant, note that in some circumstances, any user with
>write access to any part of that filesystem can get your key in a few
>dozen milliseconds:
>http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~tromer/papers/cache.pdf
>
>  Eran

No, it's not relevant to my case. In any case, it took me a little while
to link the paper with the usage scenario, so thanks for the heads up.

In any case, I want to use it against the case of an attacker trying to
shut down a machine in order to gain access to data he would otherwise
not be able to access due to file system permission. The case of writing
arbitrary data and doing timing attacks is not very high on my priority
(though, I have to admit, it is a scary one).

          Shachar